VP, Strategic Alliances
Our client is seeking a VP, Strategic Alliances with direct experience developing and executing the strategy and approach for business development and account management within the life sciences, Pharma and Medtech industries. The ideal The Vice President, Strategic Alliances has an established track record as a top revenue driving sales executive who is a polished professional managing a team of highly skilled business development consulting executives responsible for building new relationships as well as strengthening relationships within key client accounts with large annual spend. The VP, Strategic Alliances is a top revenue driver, with a focus on increasing top line growth across multiple accounts with deep experience in the life sciences, Pharma and Medtech vertical markets.
The ideal candidate has exceptional C level relationships in the Life Sciences vertical, is a sales and marketing leader who can effectively navigate a successful outcome through effective use of internal resources to create innovative solutions for both new and existing clients. The ideal candidates have either direct experience in the Life Science, Pharma, or Medtech industries or have worked in Professional Services and / or Management Consulting industries that offer consultative services including marketing, advertising, communications, education, CME and other support services and offerings for various therapeutic areas. The ideal candidate also has experience managing managers and other sales and account management leaders.
The ideal VP, of Strategic Alliances will have the ability to:
- Analyze various market segments to identify and capture a pipeline of opportunities for new business development
- Partner with internal executive leaders to create alignment with their strategies and goals
- Utilizing a consultative sales approach, develop creative solutions for clientele, demonstrating knowledge of life sciences industry and exceptional presentation skills
- Build and develop a high-performing Account Management executive team by establishing a professional, positive and supportive environment which creates accountability and quality outcomes
- Partner with internal subject matter experts to ensure alignment of and achievement of business goals
- Establish strategy for business development and continue to increase outreach through thought leadership, collaboration, team leadership and personal contributions
- Partner with Implementation and Delivery teams to ensure smooth transition of new accounts/relationships and/ or new programs to the client development team
- Manage resources within budgetary guidelines according to company policy and within corporate governance guidelines.
- Develop creative and innovative solutions
Skills and Experience:
- Proactive, engaging and collaborative leader who will challenge his/her organization and energize, motivate and develop a high-performing Business Development and Account Management strategy
- High level of initiative and energy with demonstrated ability to generate results
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and instinct for revenue-generating opportunities
- Solid financial acumen and effective negotiation skills
- Excellent problem solver with strong analytical skills, and impeccable business judgment and decision making abilities
- Strong passion for client engagement, building key strategic relationships with C level executives as well as other strategic relationships in order to build revenue in the vertical across all business lines, all products, programs and services
- Experience working effectively with cross-enterprise teams
- A proven track record of success in developing new business.
- Ten + years of success in business development, preferably with extensive expertise in the Life Sciences, Pharma or Medtech vertical or within professional services consulting firm with a robust network of key contacts.
- Experience managing business relationships with external partners and third party providers, and negotiating and structuring creative solutions.
- Experience with healthcare marketing, advertising, communications and/or education, or CME with a variety of therapeutic specialties
- Bachelor’ s degree required, Master’ s Degree preferred
- Must be open to travel as needed to key strategic client accounts
- This is a high level strategic sales leadership role for high level achievers with a proven track record.
This opportunity affords tremendous upside growth! Apply today for confidential and immediate consideration!