National Director of Business Development
Our client is seeking a National Director of Business Development who is skilled in hiring and managing a team of high performing business development hunters, skilled in cultivating new logo business. The Ideal National Director of Business Development managing a remote team of field based professionals offering technology based products/ cloud based solutions / SaaS (software as a service). Experience in the Edtech, professional services industries with experience calling on education, public sector, or Fortune 500 call targets with established relationships a plus.
As the National Director of Business Development you will be responsible for the overall growth, profitability, market development plans and revenue generation for nationwide for a portfolio of products and services. The ideal National Director of Business Development is a highly polished and professional individual who has experience in either consulting, technology, computer software or HR consulting services and solutions preferably in the global training industry, e-learning industry, talent management industry, HR industry, selling technology solutions ideally that are cloud based solutions -SaaS (software as a service). The National Director of Business Development is highly accountable for building, developing and managing business development representatives and attaining revenue and profitability goals.
- Coaching and assisting sales reps in closing new business opportunities nationally using a consultative approach
- Stays abreast of technology & business trends within the global training and edtech arena and uses this knowledge to approach clients with solutions to resolve their business needs. Knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of business trends with technology in education and global training industry.
- Builds, develops and closes business with new client prospects .
- Innovative and entrepreneurial minded leader, skilled in driving revenue by creating an atmosphere of excellence amongst a high performing team of business development representatives
- Effective presenter very experienced in C level and Board level presentations/ facilitated sessions that are well received by both internal & external audiences including senior management & clients.
- Demonstrated ability to convince management/clients that his/her proposal will result in a workable solution.
- Must have solid experience in education, public sector, K-20 or higher education or corporate HR targets within Fortune 500 companies or other functional leaders within the organization with impeccable presentation and leadership skills
- Proven track record of success in closing new business with enterprise accounts
- Ability to work with extreme autonomy, self- driven and motivated in a highly matrixed environment.
- Must have sales experience dealing with C level executives and experience managing and coaching a team of high performing sales executives working remotely from field based offices
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time regionally and nationally as needed
- BA desired, MBA a plus