Director of Business Development
Washington DC, District Of Columbia
Our client is seeking a Director of Business Development who is skilled in the Computer Software, Technology, Professional Services or Edtech industries with experience calling on the education, public sector vertical (SLED) or a similar industry. As the Director of Business Development you will be responsible for the overall growth, profitability, market development plans and revenue generation for the US market. The ideal Director of Business Development is a highly polished professional individual who is a hands on player/coach. You have previously been a top performing sales “ hunter” surpassing multi-million dollar annual quotas and now an experienced sales leader, supervising, coaching and managing a remote team of field sales executives calling on education clients. The Director of Business Development is highly accountable for building, developing and assisting sales team in closing business with primarily new clients, attaining revenue and profitability goals for his/her division.
- Uncovering and closing new business opportunities nationally while hiring, training and coaching field sales representatives using a consultative, strategic solution-based approach.
- Stays abreast of technology & business trends within the Edtech arena and uses this knowledge to approach education industry clients with solutions to resolve their business needs. Knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of business trends in education, e-learning, educational technology, and global training industry, selling technology solutions & services.
- Deep experience in Building, developing and closing business with primarily new prospects/new logos.
- Enhances sales collateral by creating effective slides/documentation capturing innovative ideas.
- Creates solution offerings and increases adoption rates through training and educational sales techniques
- Effective presenter very experienced in delivering presentations/ facilitated sessions that are well received by internal & external audiences including senior management & clients.
- Demonstrated ability to convince management/clients that his/her proposal will result in a workable solution.
- Must have solid experience in the computer software, technology, edtech or professional services or consulting industry calling on public sector or education call targets ideally
- Must have minimum of 3+ years of sales management experience leading a remote sales team
- Must have also had 5+ years as a Hunter selling ideally SaaS cloud based solutions in the education or SLED vertical
- Must have a solid track record of success overachieving multi-million dollar revenue goals
- Must be experienced in solution sales methodologies
- Bachelors Degree required, MBA or advanced degree a plus